Recently I’ve received calls and inquiries from brokers regarding recruiting and have heard the following comment redundantly… “the market is so bad, we are having trouble recruiting agents” BALLONEY!! As stated in my recent post, not only is it a good time to franchise, it is a GREAT time to recruit. Additionally, the “ripest” agents to recruit are the good ones too – the sub-par agents who’ve been surviving on floor time, and the markets success are being forced to look for salaried jobs right now.
Here are some recruiting tips – which are geared towards Real Living broker/owners and the tools, systems, training, etc. that Real Living provides its franchisees nationally.
Prospect, prospect, prospect.
Use e-cards. Use the phone and attend networking events. Most importantly, keep in touch - the person who will not meet today will be ready sometime. It is only a matter of time until something upsets an agent enough to take a look around.
Find the "sweet spot."
Typically there are a group of agents producing from $1.5M/yr to $7M/yr volume (depending on the market) who are stuck, ready to move to the next level and more receptive to your calls/prospecting.
Interview the agent vs. selling them on your company and allowing them to interview you.
This will ensure you are getting the right fit for your office, culture, etc.
Devise and prepare questions to ask and go through the list taking notes during yoru meeting. My favorites include…
- What is important to you in a brokerage? (Chances are you have it with Real Living and will show it later when presenting the Real Living platform)
- What does your current brokerage do well? (Find out what you are competing against)
- What challenges is your current brokerage facing? (Find out their pain and provide a solution your presentation - spin your presentation to this pain)
- Where do you see your career going in the next 1, 2, 5 years? (Are they a fit? Are they worth your investment? Remember, you are making an investment in your agents – office space, phones, brand, etc.)
- What is holding you back from taking your real estate career to the next level?
- What would prompt you to leave your current company, besides commission which we'll discuss later? (Find out what exactly would make them switch and don't let it be commission only).
- Devise questions to ask after the presentation...
- How do you see yourself fitting in here at Real Living?
- As you mentioned, your current company is challenged by ___, With Real Living would our (insert tool, service, etc. here) support you better than you are being supported today?
- Do you see value in what we provide our agents here at Real Living?
Ask for their license.
From our discussion I believe we may be a fit (assuming they are). You see value in our product, company, etc. What would prevent you from joining our team today?
I hate to be cliché, however, you never get what you don’t ask for.
If you are interested in more recruiting help with real systems, real tools and real solutions to help agents produce (even in a down market), give me a call at 614-203-0801 (mobile), or e-mail me at email@example.com. You also can visit www.reallivingfranchise.com for more information regarding franchising opportunities within Real Living.